Thursday, April 11, 2013

Inspiration Thursday: Rosie the Riveter

Yesterday I was agonizing over what to do for this week's Inspiration Thursday - my BFF sarcastically suggested that I do the American flag, to which I respond with a resounding, "I don't think so!"  I continued to poke around online and brainstorm when for no apparent reason Rosie the Riveter came to mind. 



Now let's me honest, who doesn't think Rosie is one of the coolest female icons?  As I began to design a manicure inspired by her fabulous-ness I realized that I was creating a manicure that could have just as easily been inspired by the American flag - I guess my BFF got her wish after all.  Sigh.  ;-)


I started out with one of my favorite polishes - OPI Russian Navy, on my thumb, index, and middle finger.  I then used Cheeky plate CH26 on my thumb and added a silver star stud for some three-dimensional texture.  My index finger got three gold star studs, and my middle finger was topped with dots and a french tip in OPI Oy - Another Polish Joke!. 

To pay homage to Rosie's iconic bandana I painted my ring finger with two coats of Orly Monroe's Red and used Konad White for the polka dots.  My pinky was finished off with a combination I have shown several times before - two coats of OPI Oy - Another Polish Joke!, topped with one coat of Butter London Westend Wonderland

This look is a little more over-the-top than I typically sport, but it was tons of fun to create!

It's almost the weekend - yay!  I can't wait.  Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment