Friday, April 12, 2013

Hot Mint Marble

I was planning to show my lovely readers this manicure next week, but I am unexpectedly at the airport without my notes and this is the only manicure I have in my queue that I can remember the names of all the polishes used.  The reason I remember the names so well is that I am totally in love with this combination!

I've had it in my mind to try the marble technique for a while, but it is a very intimidating process that I feared would require tireless hours of practice before I could possibly achieve anything worth posting.  I watched many video tutorials on YouTube and came across this talented lady, who seems to be the authority on nail polish water marbling - and rightfully so, she creates some truly magical looks.

On my first go at water marbling I came up with this...


...not too shabby, if I do say so myself.

The polishes I used are Essie Mint Candy Apple, and Essie Smokin' Hot.  In the bottle Smokin' Hot looks like a dark aubergine, but in the water marbling it came out brown.  While I typically steer clear of anything close to brown, whether it's nail polish, clothing, or shoes, this combination totally floats my boat!

I am quite fond of the water marbling technique and am anxious to try it out as an accent nail.  That is my way of saying expect to see more marbling in the future!

I am excited that I will be back in North Dakota playing with my nieces and nephews before too long.  Any fun excursions or manicures planned for your weekend? 

Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment