Thursday, April 25, 2013

Inspiration Thursday: Marimekko

Several years ago, when I first moved to Minnesota, Jeff bought me a beautiful Marimekko umbrella.  It is by far the nicest umbrella I have ever owned - I still have it to this day and use it every time there is rain. 

I recently acquired some new stamping plates including my first Bundle Monster set, which had a flower stamp that immediately made me think of my beloved umbrella.


Along with being inspired by my umbrella I decided to try a new technique known as caviar - note to self: watch the tutorial video before you just dive in head first.  I learned after the fact that you are supposed to pour the beads over your nail, not roll a freshly painted finger in the beads.  I'm not head over heels in love with the caviar look, but I will reserve final judgement for when I use the proper technique to apply them.  

For the remainder of my fingers I started with two coats of Zoya Purity.  I then stamped with Bundle Monster BM-306 using Zoya Raven.  Finally, I used a dotting tool to add dots of Flower Go With The Flower and Zoya Kelly to the center of some of the flowers. 



For those who don't know Flower is a new makeup line from Drew Barrymore.  I have been a Drew fan ever since I saw E.T., which was longer ago than I care to admit.  To my despair the line is only available at WalMart, but I sucked it up and bought several of the new polishes.  I have been very pleased with the ease of application and they wear very well.  Hopefully, I'll be able to show more of them to you in the not so distant future.

What do you think of the caviar look?  Any suggestions for next Thursday?

Toodles!


No comments:

Post a Comment