Wednesday, April 3, 2013

18K Jem

When I saw Zoya was offering a top coat with flakes of REAL gold leaf in it I knew I had to have it!  I was mildly dismayed to learn that it could only be purchased in a three polish gift box for $35 - the other two polishes being Purity (white) and Raven (black).  I already owned a black that I loved and a white that I was moderately pleased with, but I decided to bite the bullet anyway.  I am so glad I did!  Not only is the 18K top coat, Gilty, every bit as amazing as I hoped it would be, but the other two polishes are amazing as well.  Both Raven and Purity go on like a dream and only require one coat for full opacity - yes, one coat!


For this particular look I used two coats of Gilty over two coats of Zoya Jem.  The combination of the gold leaf over the rich burgundy of Jem creates a wonderfully opulent manicure.  Fit for an exciting night on the town.


What color polish would you use under the gold leaf top coat?

Happy Hump Day, Ladies!  Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment