Friday, April 19, 2013

Splatter Manicure

I never realized how dependent I was upon my laptop until I was forced to live without it for an entire week.  It is especially essential for keeping my blog moving as I edit all of my photos in Photoshop, which I only have on my laptop.  Fortunately, I have had enough content in my archives to continue posting this last week, but I have so many new looks that I am dying to show you!  I should be back running at full speed tomorrow night.  Yay!

***

Today's manicure was inspired by one I saw on Chit Chat Nails, which is easily my favorite nail blog.  Marta has an amazing eye for color and composition.  

In Marta's blog post she linked to this YouTube video tutorial on the splatter painting technique.  I watched the tutorial with wonder and a bit of horror as I saw nail polish flying about - I was wondering how one could possibly clean up such a horrific mess.  However, not deterred I immediately sent my fiance to the store in search of straws.  When he returned I began blowing and spitting my lungs out, and here are the results of my first attempt...


This first picture is of my right hand, which you rarely get a glimpse of here on my blog, but the randomness of this manicure begged for a look at both hands.  

This look is a little on the wild side but anyone who knows me knows I don't mind being wild from time to time!

I started out with one coat of Zoya Trixie.  Once that had completely dried I went to town splattering Zoya Reece, Adina, and Raven onto my nails and everything else in the vicinity.


And here's a look at my left hand.  Very different, but just as randomly awesome.  I definitely want to continue working with this technique and improving my skills.  It's a lot of fun and you never know exactly what you're going to end up with, which is an awesome exercise for a perfectionist like myself.

I hope everyone's weekend is off to a good start.  Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment