Sunday, February 24, 2013

Zoya Pixie Dust Swatches pt. 1

I have been very intrigued by all of the new textured polishes coming out lately, but sadly I haven't been able to try any of them because they are always out of stock at my local Ulta or not available online, until now!  When I saw a press release for the new Zoya Pixie Dust Special Textured Edition I knew I had to have it.  

I received the full collection a few days ago and wow - I am in love!  The Pixie Dust collection is a beautiful array of textured, matte, and ultra glittery polishes.  Truth be told I was a bit skeptical that they were really going to be glittery, but boy was I wrong!  They really are every bit as glittery as Zoya claims them to be.

Here are swatches of the first three colors, Godiva, Vespa, and Nyx.  I used three coats of each.  



As instructed by Zoya, I allowed each coat to dry completely before applying another coat.  Also, to maintain the matte, textured look you don't want to use a top coat.  Zoya suggests not using a base coat with the Pixie Dust collection in order to achieve maximum texture, however I have not done so as I never put colored polish directly on my nails.  Despite not following their suggestion on not using a base coat I don't feel that it has done anything to hinder the texture of the polish.




I will post swatches of the remaining three polishes in the Pixie Dust collection in the next few days!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment