Friday, February 22, 2013

Galaxy Nails

It seems that all of the nail bloggers out there have done their own version of the Galaxy manicure and I am no exception!  I have come up with several different variations but this one is by far my favorite.


For this look you will need a dark base color, 2-3 colored glitter polishes in a clear or sheer base, one subtle silver or gold glitter polish in a clear base, and a piece of textured paper towel (like Bounty).

I started out with two coats of OPI Russian Navy on each nail.  After that has completely dried take your piece of paper towel and cut it into small squares (roughly 2"x2") 

Take one square of the cut paper towel and fold it into quarters, select your first glitter polish, wipe off most of the polish into the bottle, and swipe what is left on the brush across a small area of the paper towel.  Then use the paper towel to dab the polish onto you nail.  Repeat this process for each nail, and with each of the colored glitter polishes.  I like for my Galaxy manicure to be different and random on each nail, much like different parts of the sky.  To achieve randomness dab the glitter polish onto a different part of the nail each time and also vary the orientation. 

The colored glitter polishes I used were OPI DS Opulance, OPI Fresh Frog of Bel Air, and OPI Sprung, which were all topped with a coat of China Glaze Fairy Dust.  To add a little extra I used some rhinestones, and iridescent nail decorations on my index and ring fingers.


Would you like me to post some variations of the Galaxy manicure?  Get cosmic with your nails, Cuties!


No comments:

Post a Comment