Friday, February 8, 2013

Golden Daisy Manicure

As we trudge through winter we all need a little pick-me-up from time to time.  After a particularly dreary day I thought a fun flowery manicure would help to lift my spirits.


I started by painting my pinky, index, and thumb with Essie Mochachino, which is a beautiful taupe with lots of silvery shimmer.  For my middle finger I used China Glaze Champagne Bubbles, and for my ring finger Essie Licorice.  

Now comes the fun part!  After two coats of Champagne Bubbles I used Pueen 25 nail plate to adorn my middle finger (see image below).  For those who are curious about nail plates I will post a tutorial very soon.  They are so fun!





For my ring finger I used two coats of Licorice followed by a clear top coat.  Be sure to use a normal top coat for this step as it will provide an adequately tacky surface to apply the fimo flower (see image below).  Immediately after applying the top coat place the fimo flower in the desired position and use your nails or a pair of tweezers to conform the flower to the shape of your nail.  The fimo slices have some thickness to them but I have found they will conform to the shape of your nail if held in place for roughly 30 seconds.  Once the top coat is completely dry go over your ring finger only with a matte top coat.  I like Essie Matte About You.


Enjoy the spirit of spring with this fun manicure!  Goodbye for now, Lovelies!

No comments:

Post a Comment