Monday, March 4, 2013

Zoya Lovely Swatches

With Easter coming up what is more appropriate than a collection of pastel polishes?  The Spring 2013 collection from Zoya, Lovely, is just that - lovely!


The Lovely Collection includes three cream shades - Jacqueline, Blue and Neely, all of which are shown with two coats, and three shimmer shades - Julie, Gei Gei, and Piaf, all of which are shown with three coats.


Jacqueline, a cream formula, shown here with two coats, is a beautiful yellowish neutral.  The formula was a bit on the thick side and hard to work with, but it may have been because the bottle I received was slightly open and had leaked a bit.  Other than being slightly thick the color is nice.  I am unlikely to paint my entire hand this color when I am not swatching, but it could be a nice neutral to use for stamping or as an accent nail.


Blue, also a cream formula, is just as the name indicates - blue - think a dense, creamy baby blue.  The formula for this was thinner and more like other Zoya polishes, which are very easy to work with.


I love the name for this polish because it reminds me of just that - Vespa.  Being that I love green and I love cream polishes this one is by far my favorite of the collection.  I'm already dreaming of the green gradient manicure I can accomplish now that I've added this dreamy shade to my collection.


Julie, a purple shimmer, is such a fun color that reminds me a spring.  Of the three shimmer shades in the Lovely collection Julie offered the best coverage (shown here with three coats). 


Gei Gei, another shimmer, is a very girly pink.  After three coats it offered decent coverage, although I really thought it could use another coat for maximum opacity.


Piaf, the final shimmer formula of the Lovely collection, is a yummy goldish-yellow.  I used three coats for this photo, but like Gei Gei it could have used another coat for better opacity.  Piaf leans more gold than yellow, which doesn't show in this photo, but I'm excited to try this shade with a gold glitter in a clear base over the top.

I'm sure I will get a lot of mileage out of these polishes as they are a great supplement to my heavily saturated nail polish collection.

May Spring find you soon, Sweeties!

No comments:

Post a Comment