Sunday, March 3, 2013

Half and Half (with step-by-step photos)

This bright and fun manicure is another one inspired by my wonderful niece.  Last week she dressed up as an 80's punk for Decade Day at school.  I immediately thought of this look, which turned out super cool!

I started by painting four nails with two coats of China Glaze Heli-Yum, and one finger with two coats of Essie Vermillionaire.


 Once that had dried completely I taped off the outer half of each nail.


I then painted the inner half of each nail with one coat of Essie Licorice.  Be sure to remove the tape no more than 30 seconds after applying a coat of black.  If the polish is allowed to dry with the tape on it is likely to rip up the black, and we don't want that!


Apply a high-shine top coat and voila!



On a side note I would like to apologize for my subpar photographs.  I am currently working on a design for a light box, which will help immensely in producing better photographs, and Jeff has offered to buy a new camera for me...in case anyone is wondering why I am marrying him that's example #384,572 right there!

I hope you are all enjoying your Sunday!  Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment