Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Mermaid Tears

I decided to try my luck at free-handing French tips - are they still called French tips when they're not white?  I don't know...  Anyway, I had little faith that I would be able to execute neat tips, but as often happens I was pleasantly surprised!  And as I mentioned in this post I wanted to try out more stamping over a clear base, hence this manicure.


I started out with a strengthening base coat on all of my nails.  Once the base coat dried completely I stamped my index, middle, and ring fingers with Red Angel plate RA-111 using Konad Moss Green special polish, and my pinky with two coats of Zoya Yara.  Once the stamping dried I free-handed tips using two coats of Zoya Katherine from the New York Fashion Week Gloss Collection.  

Katherine is a sheer jelly polish, which gives the tips a fantastic semi-sheer effect.  If you look closely you can see the stamp through the tips.  So cool!

To finish this look I adorned my ringer finger with several light green rhinestones.

Any special requests for weekend manicures?  I am happy to take requests!  Chao for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment