Sunday, March 10, 2013

Heavy Metal

I mentioned in this post that I was working on building a light box for taking photos.  I finally got it up and running today and I am so pleased with how my photos turned out.  We're still working on getting a new camera, so hopefully my photos will continue to do nothing but improve!

I've always been a huge fan of grey - it can be warm, cool, or neutral, and goes with almost everything!  Continuing on my Zoya trend I selected two lovely Zoya greys for this look.


I started out by painting my ring finger, middle finger, and thumb with two coats of Zoya Carey, and my pinky and index finger with two coats of Zoya Marina.  To finish off the fingers with the lighter grey, Carey, I placed a square metal stud diagonally near my cuticle and a black metal dot just below it.  When using the metal pieces I find that I need to apply a minimum of two coats of top coat over the top of them, if not three, in order to cover all of the edges and keep them from catching on things.  Essie Good To Go is an awesome, fast drying, high-shine top coat, which is great for use over the metal decorations.

Once my index finger and pinky dried completely I stamped them with Pueen stamp 02 using Konad White special polish.  Next I used two coats of China Glaze I'm Not Lion to add a little sparkle.

What are your favorite grey polishes?  Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment