Friday, March 15, 2013

Inspiration Thursday - Klimt Tree of Life

I know, I know, it's Friday, but I was having a heck of a time getting a decent photo of my nails yesterday.  I worked so hard on this manicure that I couldn't bear to post a wretched photo (I will spare you the details of my ongoing battle with my camera).  The good news is that I was able to get some better photos today, although not great.  The even better news is that I ordered a new camera this morning!

I have seen a lot of beautiful manicures inspired by art, interior design, and fashion from my fellow bloggers.  Like any good newbie and I have decided to follow the lead of those who came before me.

As I've mentioned several times before I am currently living with my sister-in-law, nieces, and nephews in North Dakota.  Hanging in their bathroom is one of my favorite works of art - The Kiss by Gustav Klimt, but I also adore one of his other pieces, Tree of Life.


Is this not an amazingly beautiful piece?

I decided to go outside of my comfort zone on this one and get a little crazy.  At the same time I had a lot of fun with this design and plan to make Inspiration Thursday a weekly event!


For starters I painted my index and ringer fingers with two coats of Zoya Farah, my middle finger with two coats of Zoya Goldie, and my pinky with two coats of OPI Sprung.

I then used a dotting tool to drop and drag lines onto my index and pinky fingers.  My index was striped with Zoya Purity and Zoya Raven, while my pinky was striped with Zoya Purity, Zoya Tracie, China Glaze First Mate, and China Glaze Lemon Fizz.  Once the lines had dried completely I placed square, gold-flecked gems on my index finger, and stamped my pinky using Pueen plate 03.

Both my middle and ring fingers were stamped with Pueen plate 13 using Konad Black special polish.  Once the stamps had time to set I used a dotting tool to add dots of Zoya Midori to my middle finger.  My ring finger was finished off with two coats of Zoya Gilty, which is a real golf leaf top coat!



What do you think of my first stab at using an inspiration?  Any suggestions for next week?

Have a wonderful weekend, Ladies!

1 comment: