Monday, March 11, 2013

Dusseldorf Stars

About once a week my sister-in-law, Sarah, asks me to paint her nails.  It seems that I come up with better designs when I'm working with someone else than when designing for myself - and this manicure was no exception!  I was so in love with what I did for Sarah that I recreated the look on my own nails just for this post.


Starting with my pinky I used two coats of Zoya Trixie.  I've long been on a quest for a silver that looks like real silver; this is by far the best I have found to date.  Zoya just keep rocking my world!  I finished off my pinky with a pink star rhinestone, and Essie Good To Go top coat.

My ring finger got a base coat then I stamped the entire nail with Cheeky stamp CH5 using Konad Black special polish.  Once that had dried I taped off a V-shape and painted the bottom half of my nail with one thick coat of OPI Suzi & 7 Dusseldorfs.  I am so in love with this purpley-magenta - it is very rich and regal.

My middle and index fingers got two coats of OPI Suzi & 7 Dusseldorfs, and my index finger was topped off with a clear star rhinestone and Essie Good To Go top coat.

What do you think of using a stamp over a clear coat?  I was very pleased with how it turned out - I'll definitely have to give it a try again soon.

I hope your Monday is off to a good start!

No comments:

Post a Comment