Friday, May 24, 2013

Wedding Idea #2

Holy smokes!  My wedding is coming up very quickly and I do not feel prepared.  Awhile back I posted another possible wedding manicure, and I figure it's time to start thinking about it more seriously, so here's another shot at it.

For whatever reason I've been terrified at the thought of wearing a color polish, i.e. not gold, silver, or white, for my wedding, that is until I tried a new-to-my-collection polish from Julep.  I used it in a manicure I did for my SIL last night and it was so beautiful that I wanted to cry - yeah, that beautiful!


I started with two coats of China Glaze Passion on all of my nails except my ring finger, which got two coats of Julep Julia.  I really wish the splendor of Julia showed up better in these photographs.  It is a deep aubergine with lots of golden micro-glitter and boy do those glitters shine!

I stamped all of my nails using Gals GA30.  Over the Passion I used Zoya Nimue, and over the Julia I used CG Passion.  I also added some dots with a dotting tool.


On a side note I have been on the lookout for a good gold stamping polish and have yet to find one that works well, including the "special polishes" from Konad.  To my absolute delight China Glaze Passion worked great as a stamping polish.  I will definitely keep it in my stamping arsenal from now on!


Thanks for reading!  Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment