Thursday, June 20, 2013

Tribal Nails

Earlier this week my sister-in-law requested a manicure with a feather and neutral colors.  Her request brought to mind the tribal manicures which are all the rage right now.  It took me several tries, but I finally came up with a design that I was really happy with.  And I found myself staring at her nails every time I saw her, so I decided to recreate it on my nails and share it with my lovely readers (sans feather).


I started out with two coats of Flower Go With The Flow-Er, then used a small detail brush and dotting tool with Zoya Wednesday and China Glaze Poetic.   I free-handed all of the line work, which is uber hard for me as I am afflicted with an unsteady hand and aging eyes.  The perfectionist in me loathes looking at the photos of this manicure, but this blog is not about perfection, it's about having a creative outlet and sharing it with the world.  Perfect lines be damned...


As you may have notices I have not posted much this week, it's for a good reason - I promise!  I have been swatching my little heart out and promise to post some super exciting glitter indie polish swatches tomorrow.

Thanks for reading.  Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment