Monday, June 17, 2013

60's Stripes

Lately I've been feeling as though I have polisher's block - it's not as though I lack any shortage of new colors or techniques to try, in fact I think that maybe my brain has been on overload as I am inundated daily with beautiful manicures created across the world.  But yesterday I vowed to break loose of the block and try something outside the box, which for me means no purple or pink...oh the horror!

In my quest for inspiration I came across a graphic from the 60s, which had the craziest of color combinations, something I normally would not touch with a ten-foot pole, but like I said, I needed to get out of my comfort zone.  And that I did!


For this look I started out with one generous coat of Zoya Jacqueline.  I then used a striping brush to paint random stripes on each nail using OPI Are We There Yet?, Essie Going Incognito, Zoya Zuza, and Zoya Goldie.  

Once the stripes had dried completely I laid striping tape in a diagonal pattern, perpendicular to the painted stripes, on each nail, and painted over the striping tape with Zoya Codie.  I removed the striping tape as I painted each nail - I don't allow the polish to dry at all before removing the striping tape because it is more likely to peel the polish away.

Happy Monday to my beautiful readers.  Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment