Friday, July 5, 2013

They're Gray...!

Before I get into the polishes I used what do you think of my new nail shape?  I've seen that almond shaped nails are the new trend, one that had me a bit horrified.  I've seen some that are very long and to me look scary.  I had my hair cut the other day and sneaked a few peeks at my stylist's nails.  Her's were definitely almond shaped but not too long and I was surprised by how much I liked them.  In a moment of boredom I grabbed a file and got to work on mine.  Before I painted them I was a bit freaked out and thought, "Oh no, what have I done?"  But once painted it was love at first sight!


On my thumb and pinky finger I used two coats of Essie The Girls Are Out, which is a deep saturated magenta-pink with a very fine and subtle silver glitter.  The color of The Girls Are Out is not showing accurately in this cell phone photo, just envision it a deeper more purpley-pink.  Side bar:  hopefully I'll have my camera next week.  It's in a pile of things my fiance is going to bring to me in New Mexico when he comes out next week.  Yay!

My ring finger is painted with three coats of Revlon Scandalous, a black jelly with lots of magenta glitter.  Divine!  My index and middle fingers are painted with three thin coats of China Glaze Pelican Gray.  Finally, I used a striping brush to paint three stripes on each nail with The Girls Are Out.

Hopefully, I'll be able to post a bit more as my mom continues to recover and needs less assistance from me.  I didn't bring a huge selection of polishes with me, but I'll try to keep my ideas fresh anyhow.

Thanks for reading.  Toodles!




No comments:

Post a Comment