Thursday, July 11, 2013

Cascade of Colors

I have been super anxious to post this mani, but I made myself wait until my camera arrived - and it finally did!  

Several days ago I saw a mani on the subreddit, RedditLaqueristas, and decided to give it a try using one of my favorite color palettes, purple and green.


I started out by painting each nail with two coats of Illumasqua Poke, which is a bright purple shimmer.  Poke is a beautiful color and goes on easily, giving full coverage in two thin coats.  I then laid down overlapping single strokes of the following Essie colors: First Timer, In The Cab-Ana, No More Film, and DJ Play That Song. 


This mani is going on day three so you can see a bit of wear at the tips of my nails, but I am SO happy with the way it turned out.  I don't want to take it off yet I am very excited to try this technique using a different color combination.

What do you think of this technique?  What colors would you like to see it done in?

Thanks for reading.  Toodles!

1 comment:

  1. This is so cute! Love it! I bought DJ Play That Song in The States, can't wait to use it! :)

    ReplyDelete