Monday, July 8, 2013

Racing Stripes with the late Nails Inc. Beaded Polish

When I saw that Nails Inc. had come out with a Beaded Polish line I had to try it for myself.  What is beaded polish?  I had to know.  I quickly found out that it is another textured matte polish, but this one sure isn't shy with the texture!  When I first tried it it went on a bit clumpy-McClumperson, but my second attempt was much more successful.

(My camera is on its way to me.  Hooray for this being the last cell pic I have to subject you to!  That is, unless I get too anxious about posting a manicure I have brewing in my head using two Illamasque polishes.)

I started this look with two coats of Essie Madison Ave-Hue.  This Barbie pink has a very subtle shimmer to it, just like The Girls Are Out, which I showed in my last post.  I then painted my ring finger with two coats of Nails Inc. Covent Garden.  I sealed all of the pink with my favorite top coat Essie Good To Go.  Once those had dried... (OH NO!!! I just dropped the Nails Inc. polish on my parent's floor and it broke all over their beautiful brick floor and woven rug.  I think the rug is going to survive better than the floor, which now has blue glitter in all of the nooks and crannys.  :-(  Not to mention I no longer have this awesome polish in my arsenal...oh well.  Thankfully, my mom is still doped up enough from her accident that she doesn't seem too concerned.)

Now, where were we?  Oh yes, I painted two coats of Nails Inc. Covent Garden on my ring finger and used Scotch tape to tape off stripes and slanted tips on the remainder of my fingers. 

Well now I'm just bummed out.  I must go paint my nails to get over the angst of losing one of my beloved polishes.  

R.I.P Nails Inc. Covent Garden.  You will be missed.

Thanks for reading.  Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment